Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Little Respite Joy

Usually the days run into one another so that sometimes I am not even sure what day of the week it is. Coping and caring for the Captain is difficult at the best of times, and so my dear daughter Heather made a way possible for me to get away for a few days, and spend some quality time with her.  A good friend took Bob to the camp so that I would be able to go.It turned into a wonderful four days with Heather, Dawn, Rae, Colton, Lindsay, and a dear friend Eva.
Four days of not having to watch the clock, or cook, or handle a crisis of some sort, or any of the other mundane things that my weeks are usually full of.

Four days of sun, sand and sea.
Four days of rest, peace, laughter and fun.
Two days celebration of 2 birthdays, Dawn's and mine.
Two days of family fun, laughter, wading in the salt water, enjoying just being me for a change.
I didn't have to do anything, go anywhere, solve anything.
I could just be.
Just be.

The cottage was just lovely. Lots of room for sleeping our crowd.

This shows the tide in....

...and the tide out

There were lots of little hermit crabs in the pools
when the tide went out.

This greeted me when I opened the bedroom door.

a view from the steps leading to the beach

It poured Saturday night, and we were blessed with a rainbow

Beautiful sky and water

It was a very special time and
I loved every minute.
I took about 200 pictures
It was wonderful.
Thank you my dear Heather.





8 comments:

  1. Good for you Bonnie, you and the girls should do this more often. You should have a lot of nice memories to use that God given talent of your..... to paint. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not very often that I can do this because of the Captain. The memories will last forever, and maybe I will pick up a paint brush. I certainly have a lot of photos to pick from. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Bonnie, I got tears in my eyes thinking of the joy Heather gave to you. We all need to get away and just be ourselves sometimes. I hope you can manage to do it more often to rejuvenate yourself. You had a beautiful rainbow to help celebrate the birthdays! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sort of experience can't happen very often, so when it does it is wonderful. My girls are very special, and are the reason I put one foot in front of the other. I too thought that the rainbow was a special message of blessing, reminding me to count my blessings. Thank you for your comment, Barb.

      Delete
  3. Oh,I'm so glad you got to get away and be refreshed in body and in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so wonderful to spend this time away with my girls. It was a very special time, Ruth, and I will cherish it.

      Delete
  4. Everyone needs a break to re-charge the batteries. Glad you got a break even if it was rather short. Watching the tide go in and out and strolling the shore at low tide is a marvellous tonic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great time. No worries, no planning, cooking, just enjoying. I videoed the waves, because I wanted to hear it anytime. We are on the South Mountain, so have to drive to the Bay to hear it.

      Delete