Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Scary Place...

I am in the attic now, and I feel a little bit like Alice in Wonderland. I have a flash light since there is not an electric light in that dark and dank place. Boxes loom before me, and I fear I may fall into a "rabbit hole'. I feel a hundred eyes upon me, and I am relieved to find out that they belong to stuffed animals, not mice, though I know mice have visited the attic. They have carried bird seed up there to eat at their parties. I hope they are cute, like the mice in Cinderella. I'll let you know if I get an invite to their party, though all is quiet now..........I must gather my fearlessness and venture forth again.

Oh my aching back. Working in the attic is much harder than working in the basement. To carry on the analogy of my fictional friend Alice, the door I go through is much smaller than an ordinary door. And then because I am so big, I must bend over to extricate boxes from the attic to my room, which by the way was once part of the attic. There is no way I can just work in the attic, but have to pull out the boxes to go through them. Then, there is the part where I travel from the upstairs to the basement....with the bags of junk. If I was going to do it again, I would never save anything. And starting now I vow not to hoard.

A few days later........I am defeated. The scary place has wiped me out. I don't know how Alice got through all her adventures without taking a long vacation. Well, she was fictional, and maybe I am too, a figment of my own imagination. I have been spending too much time in the attic and the cobwebs have clogged my brain.

At this time my adventure in the attic has come to an end. My back just can't handle it. I think I have half of the Captain's family's stuff still in there.....but I can't move any more boxes.. H did say she'd help, so I am formally taking her up on the offer.

For now, the little door is closed for another season. I shall leave it to the mice, if I haven't disrupted their life style. (Wouldn't that be a wonder?)

A rabbit just ran by with a big alarm clock saying he was late for something. I am too! A cup of coffee. It's a good thing I am not a taker of heavy drink........... Hey, wait for me Rabbit!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh,do get some help with that sort of work.It sounds hard and not all that much like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is not an enjoyable task, but my daughter will be giving me a hand with the rest of it. I am not in a rush at this point.

      Delete
  2. What a great post! It is very hard to start going through accumulated treasure from a bygone era. You do need help! Perhaps the Mad Hatter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid that the Mad Hatter is too fast for me so I shall accept the help of my dear daughter. At least I made a start. That's better than never having tried.

      Delete
  3. I'm on it (somehow it is always easier to deal with someone else's stuff than your own!).
    See you soon!
    xo H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like putting you on the spot, eh? There is no rush. It is really hot in there, well, it was until the rain and cool weather set in. You help me and I'll help you if it's true that it is easier to deal with someone else's stuff. xxoo

      Delete