Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring - Day 1

Well at least the sun is shining today, and the glare off the snow drifts is almost blinding, but very welcome.
I wasn't going to take any more snow pictures, but then changed my mind, in order to share how much snow we now have around our house.

I had to shovel a path to the tractor for the Captain

There is a road out there, somewhere

This poor old tree is sure taking a beating

These pictures don't really how high this pile is,
but if I stand on the other side it is about twice my hight.


The calendar says today is the first day of spring,
but the scene outside my windows says uh uh.
Would you believe there is a rain/snow event
headed our way on the weekend.
It should be very.......interesting........oh yeah....
interesting.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Spring, Bonnie.
    I am glad to hear it's a sunny day there!
    It is just the most beautiful day here and the weekend is supposed to be very warm!
    I sure love our Colorado weather :)

    My goodness, that is a lot of snow you have!
    I hope you don't get any flooding with the rain that is predicated.

    Hugs to you and Sadie
    Jake has an appt with a vet oncologist April 16th, I am hoping and praying the nodule on his spleen is not cancer, can you please say some prayers too ...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always keep you and Jake in my prayers. I really know what you are going through. Sadie has had a rough few weeks, so I know it isn't easy, especially when you have to wait on things. I'll be thinking of you. Lots of hugs. I'm glad your weather is so nice.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. The sun makes all the difference, somehow, doesn't it!?

    I imagine lots of little birds take shelter in that ragged ol' evergreen tree/bush by the road. Especially during weeks like this (and such close proximity to the buffet!) :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right Heather. The chickadees and others take shelter in there though it is more open than it was, probably because of the weather this winter. It is also a good hiding place when the sharp shinned hawk flies by. I think the bush might need some tlc if the snow ever disappears. xxoo

      Delete
  3. These photos remind me of when we were snowed-in for 3 weeks over Easter 2 years ago, though you have much more snow than we did. I do hope spring arrives for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Perpetua. The snow has melted quite a little bit, but there is still lots on the ground. Freezing rain and a bit of snow expected today.

    ReplyDelete