Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Arthur's Coming

Arthur is not a friend, but rather a hurricane, at least at this point. By the time he reaches Nova Scotia, he will probably be a tropical storm. I can almost sense that something is coming....the air is very heavy and humid, and the sky is full of grey clouds. The sun is trying to shine. Sadie is having trouble getting comfortable. Last evening was especially hard on her, but she got through it.

The end of the school year has come, and both granddaughters passed. The youngest is coming home from PEI today, after her KCC choir sang in Charlottetown on Canada Day. The eldest is holding the fort, so to speak.

The Captain is off on another drive. I don't know where he goes, but he can spend hours driving around. He is not pleased with my decision to not go to Newfoundland......I would love to see the province, but there is no way my body would hold up to hours of driving every day, which is what the Captain chooses to do. Oh well, that's just how it is. I am sure that he does not really understand the difficulties I have.....he told me once that all I needed was exercise, and to lose weight. Uh huh........

Raspberries are ripening and gardens are growing. Pictures of folks at the pool or the ocean are showing up on facebook, along with photos of Grads. Young people beginning a new phase of their lives.

I have been doing a bit of felting. Here's the latest effort.

It is so strange where my mind goes.


Haying has begun....

Sadie is watching closely

She gets so excited with all the machinery and activity.

I shall get a picture of her on one of 'her' bales, probably today.
I let her outside once and before I could get her leash on
off she went, heading for the hay field. 
For once, she stopped when I called her.

I have been dive-bombed by my little hummingbirds. Once, I could feel the brush of wings in my hair. Usually it is because one is chasing away another from the feeder. They are a joy to watch. One will sit on the feeder rest and drink, and squeak, and drink and stare at me, and drink more. It seems like she is more comfortable with me watching than the male.

I'll be listening to the weather forecast and getting things picked up outside if we do get the storm.
That is it for now........





5 comments:

  1. I do hope Arthur's visit is less disruptive than you fear, Bonnie. Hopefully it won't affect the haying too much.

    It's hard when those closest to us don't understand how we are affected physically by our aliments. If you can't do something, you just can't. I hope you enjoy your summer at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just read your blog about your lawn, and I am happy for you that you are able to do that work. Weather people are still saying we are going to get a lot of rain and wind, but it is still a day away. I really appreciate your comments, Perpetua. Wouldn't I enjoy sitting with you, sipping tea, at your little table on your freckled lawn. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully, Arthur came and went without leaving too much damage, Bonnie. Is the Captain your 'significant other'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kathy, 'the Captain' is my husband, who is a retired air force captain, and prefers ordering folks, rather than asking. I'm not sure if it is any worse because of his stroke five years ago, but it is hard to take sometimes..He plans these trips, then I find out where we are going and where we are staying, because I have to make the reservations. My life is 'interesting'.

      Delete
    2. I think I understand, Bonnie. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete