Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Panic!!!

Oh my, how panic does a job on the old body. Stress sets in, your mind works overtime. It must be here somewhere, but where?

My wallet, where was it. Thinking, thinking......when was the last time I used it. After the felting class at the school I had gone to the drug store to get a couple of things...used my debit card....out to the car and home. That was Wednesday. Last night, choir, and my bag full of books....looked and didn't see it, so I started to panic. Where was it? It had all my cards in it, my driver's licence...  Yikes! It was lost, and the search began.

Check the car, both seats. Check the trunk. Nothing! Ok, think.... Did I lay down? Check the couch....pull the cushions....not there. Check it again, just in case I missed it. Not there. Ok, what was I wearing? Check the pockets, even though I had worn the same jacket to choir...pockets, empty.

Oh, the wool containers. Perhaps I had slipped it in there. It's just small, perhaps it got mixed up in the wool. Not there. I go to bed thinking that if I dropped it at the store, or in the parking lot, wouldn't some nice person have found it and let me know.....or maybe I did drop it and a not so nice person picked it up and kept it. No, I told myself. It had to be here!.....

Up this morning, bright and early, well, maybe not so bright. The first thing on my mind right after coffee, was finding the wallet. Search the car again, the couch again, the wool again, the pockets, again, and every shelf and floor space. Finally, I looked again in my choir bag, and there inside my music binder, in the bag where I had already looked twice, was the little wallet. FOUND!!!!!!!!!

The relief was overwhelming. I had it, I didn't lose it, it was here all the time. How did I miss it. How could I be so empty headed. Thank you God! I'm an idiot. I looked here. Oh, I am exhausted. I grabbed that little found item and put it right in my purse, vowing to be more aware of what I was doing. Vowing I will always keep it in my purse. I'm ok, now. What was 'not' lost was now found.

On a less stressful note, I finished the painting I was working on. The friend in the picture liked it, and so I gave it to her. I was not completely satisfied with it. The face gave me great difficulty, and I finally had to stop 'fixing' it, before I ruined it.

Lindsay and her horse, Dawn

I just realized that those are also the names of my daughter and granddaughter. Hah!


Mother's day flowers 


It is a beautiful sunny day today. I hope to get outside and do some garden work, if my body will allow it. I have also had two wood ticks on me, so will be checking myself and Sadie for the little ticklers.

Enjoy the spring day.....I will be.....now....after the great search.......

15 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie
    The painting you did for your friend is beautiful.
    So glad you found your wallet.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. My friend really liked it, so that made me happy. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  2. Bonnie, I forgot to mention about how beautiful your Mother's Day flowers are, I got some roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's a metaphor for life somewhere in there, Bonnie. What you were looking for - and thought was lost - was there all the time. You are NOT an idiot. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have me 'dumb' days Stacy, but I can pass it off as fibro-fog. Thank you for your spirit building comment.

      Delete
  4. LOVE the painting!!

    Also, I'm all too familiar with that feeling of panic. Where are my glasses? WHERE ARE MY GLASSES. On my face, of course. GAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing that upsets me is that I had looked in that bag 2 or 3 times before I finally found it. I agree with you....GAH!

      Delete
  5. Bonnie, I am so relieved you found that wallet, too. Whew! What a search. Think we've all been there, done that. But you described what we all go through so well. Lovely painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I would like to say that was the only time I had a panic search,....I'd like to, but in truth I can't. Oh well, such is life, we are always searching for something.....

      Delete
  6. I hate that feeling - knowing I shouldn't be stressed when I lose something (wallet, cell phone, address book - I've lost and found all). Horrible feeling, but that relief when the item is found is heavenly. :-)
    Your painting is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just felt silly when I finally found it. I am now keeping close watch. Thank you for the painting compliment.

      Delete
  7. Bonnie,
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Your comment on Rose and Jake brought the biggest smile to my face, thank you dear lady.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely picture. I know how you feel about Rose. I always seem to be tardy in replying to comments. Hope you have a good week Margie. Blessings.

      Delete
  8. Arggggh! That's everyone's secret nightmare - the lost wallet. I'm so glad it turned out just to be mislaid, Bonnie. I love your painting and am sure your friend is delighted to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how I would feel if I really lost it Perpetua. Unfortunately this was not the first time I was in a panic search. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete