Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sadie

     Yesterday was indeed a windy, rainy day. Lots of water on and in the ground. However, most of the snow has gone. There are still areas of snow cover where it has piled up or been plowed up over the winter.

    This morning, mid morning, it is still quite cloudy, but we have been promised a look at the sun later today. That would be nice. The wind is not blowing nearly as hard as it was yesterday. My basement is still a patchwork of water puddles and streams, but thankfully not much bigger than before yesterday's rain.

     Sadie had her what has become a weekly visit to her Vet yesterday morning. Somehow, she has maintained her weight, 5lb 6oz, which is a good thing. She was poked and prodded and was well behaved, although she cried when her temperature was taken. Her vet really wants her to start eating, but short of intravenous feeding I am at my wits' end. I tried yesterday with a new suggestion, but it didn't work, something different this morning, and no go and I'll be trying something different at noon. She has another appointment next week. I am very thankful to her vet that she is keeping such a close eye on her.

I am trying to remain optimistic but found myself having a bit of a cry this morning. She is such a sweetheart, and beyond good at the vet's. I am keeping Sadie's Journal', but it will never be a best seller. Her daily 'movements' are not that interesting.

Cheers for today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sadie is such a little one, being such a good girl at the vet's.
    I am so glad to hear she is keeping her weight but is she not eating much now?
    Give her a big hug from me.

    Sometimes a good cry can help us when we are sad.
    I know how you are feeling as I so love my dog Jake and if he's not doing well, my heart just breaks.

    Take care, Bonnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to send positive thoughts to Sadie. I'm sorry she's not well - my heart breaks for you. My dearest friend Prince (a 4 1/2 lb. long-haired chihuahua) succumbed to his illness in 2008, and I still miss him. I still can't bring myself to get another dog.

    As for her journal - I think her daily movements are real life - and real life is the most interesting. Hugs to you and Saide. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps your positive thoughts worked. Sadie is better today. I had a Japanese Chin like Sadie when my youngest was still in high school, Dudley. They just become such an important part of your life. Thank you for your concern. Here's to better days.

      Delete