Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

I must have blinked.....

....... and missed a couple of seasons......


because this happened......back to winter?

It rained all day yesterday, and then around supper time it started to change to snow. I had to clean the car off before going to choir, and again after choir. I think we may have had more snow up here on the mountain, than there is down in the valley. I know it won't stay long, but we are starting the day with the temperature just below 0C. O dear me. Did we do something to offend the sun?

On the brighter side, my youngest granddaughter celebrated her 13th birthday this week. She asked me if I felt old, having two granddaughters in their teens. I laughed. Then she asked her mother the same thing. I laughed. Having two beautiful granddaughters makes me feel just right, and I have to be 70 to see them at 13 and 17. I must see if I can find some pictures of them when they were small. Those pictures were all taken before I joined the digital age. I am lucky to have had them so close from the time they were born. Not all grandparents are that fortunate.

I can admit to being quite tired this morning. I had lots of things on my mind when I went to bed last night. It was one of those times when I just can't seem to find the off switch. Then at 1:30, just after finally falling asleep, Sadie decided she had to get up. Then, again at 4 we made a quick run for the door. Finally, the 3rd time, at 6 I decided that I would call it a night, and stay up. I will pay for it later in the day. I am finding the couch just about every afternoon, lately. I guess I go sound asleep for an hour or more. Now that, dearest granddaughter, makes me feel old!

If you don't hear from me for a while, it is because I have gone searching for the sun......sure hope I find it before I get too old.

Sadie and I wish you a good day, and thank you for your concern for her. She is doing ok.







8 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    I wish I could send you some of our beautiful Colorado sunshine.
    I can imagine it's a bit depressing to have winter back again,

    But you have your lovely granddaughters to make you smile so that is wonderful.
    I so love my little Rose, she is now two and such a blessing.

    Take care ,Bonnie;
    Hugs to you and Sadie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see the sun today, but the air was chilly. The snow didn't last too long into the next day. It is discouraging, but I keep hoping. Eventually warm, sunny days have to come, don't they? Our little ones seem to grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute with little Rose. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! It's so dispiriting to get snow as late as that, Bonnie. We occasionally get snow late too, but not this year, though our sun disappeared into heavy rain yesterday and hasn't reappeared yet. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dispiriting....what an excellent word. And it exactly describes my feelings Perpetua. And as it was through the winter, it seems our weather is quite similar to yours, well except for the snow. I echo your word...sigh.....

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that Sadie is doing well! As for getting old, my grandmother told me that getting old beats the alternative. And if seeing your granddaughters grow up means you have to get old, I think that's a fair trade. Besides, I've always wanted to be an old person. I think I was born old and now at least, I look the part. Ha! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't exactly call you old Stacy. Your mom was right about it beating the alternative. The funny part of life is that some days I can feel really, really old, but on other days, I don't remember my age, and those are the best days. I find my girls keep me thinking young.

      Delete
  4. I take naps too. I took naps when my aduts kiddos were in elementary and middle school too! Hope the sun has showed up there. found you the Chatting at the Sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Linda. No sun yet, but I did have a great nap today.

      Delete