Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bedraggled?

     It was a windy but warm day to day, up to 20C, however tomorrow's high will be 2C. This must be Nova Scotia. Unbelievable.

Little Sadie had a vet visit yesterday, and she is holding her own. She has not lost any more weight, despite her poor eating, and I have been encouraged both yesterday and today as she has eaten more. I am still looking for something that she will not stick her tiny little nose up at. Cooked egg and chicken was on today's menu. She seems a bit more alert and she no longer has to take the water pill, as long as she does not start coughing again. The heart pill is forever.

Tonight I am weary, as it has been a long day for some reason. I'll need to get a good sleep tonight, since I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, and after these last few weeks, I don't want to look too bedraggled. (Is that a word? I think it is.) He says he can tell how I'm feeling, just looking at my face. We'll see......

Blessings to you during this Easter week. We will have a Good Friday Service at a neighbouring church Friday morning, then a Sunrise Service followed by Easter Breakfast, then the Easter Worship Service on Sunday. I'm pretty sure Sadie will get me up in lots of time for the sunrise, but I will set two alarms just in case.





8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the pup is feeling a little better. Thanks to you for being such a good mom...
    I hope the warmth of the sun has lifted your spirits, too. I'm sure Sadie has been happy to not fight the drifts.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was not impressed with the rain and wind this morning. She was soaked when she came in. xx

      Delete
  2. More good news on Sadie, so glad for that Bonnie.
    From 20C to 2C is a drastic change in a day's weather but Colorado weather can be that way too.

    Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and good luck at your Dr's visit tomorrow.

    Many blessings to you during Easter week as well, Bonnie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird thing is it is still warm this morning, and the temperature is going to go down through the day, This afternoon is when it will be in the close to freezing area. Thank you Margie. I always look forward to hearing from you.xx

      Delete
  3. Bonnie,
    I am heading down to Colorado Springs (where I used to live for over 20 years till we moved to Denver) for a hair appt with my hairstylist. I kept her and my dentist when we moved.
    It's terribly windy here this morning and snow is expected soon.
    Wish me luck on my travels , I might need it... LOL
    I am staying overnight with a good friend so I am very glad for that as driving through Denver at the traffic hour can be a nightmare.
    I will come back late tomorrow morning, not much traffic at that time :)
    I have time off from Rose as her dad is done with tax season (he has a CPA firm) and they are taking a weekend trip.

    Give Sadie a big hug for me, she is so adorable.

    Blessings to you, always
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a good trip to Colorado Springs. It's always smart to break the trip up. How far away is it from Denver? I did give Sade a hug from you. She did a little better today, eating a bit more. Hugs back to you from me and a little lick-lick on your nose from Sadie. xx

      Delete
    2. It's a little over an hour away but sometimes with traffic it can take tow hours .

      Delete
  4. I'm glad Sadie continues to improve little by little and that you've had at least some fleeting spring warmth, Bonnie. Easter blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete