Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

O My Goodness

     It is a beautiful morning as I look out my window. Blue sky, sun shining, and not much wind, but....... it is SO COLD! It is -20C (-4F). Brrrrrrrrrr! Sadie could hardly get up the back steps, her little feet were so cold.

     Rae's team won bronze in the provincial tournament. They were so pleased. The games were really well played, with lots of great teamwork, and some amazing shots. Three of the girls were celebrating their birthdays, so the parents got a cake for them, and they celebrated between games.
     It is so great to see these girls enjoying one another's company, having fun together. It was bittersweet because for three or four of the girls, it was their last high school game, as they are graduating in June. It was a great way to finish their year.

     It was a long day, but I really enjoyed it. I was very tired on Sunday, and if I hadn't been responsible for playing the organ, I might have fallen asleep during the service. :) The weariness lingers, but it was worth it. I have to make choices. Where and when do I expend my energy? This past weekend was important to Rae, and I am glad I did not miss it.

     I had planned to go shopping for a few things today, but I do believe I will not go out. The cold does a job on my poor old body, so again I must make a choice. How important is it that I go out?
At this moment, not very.

     The lambing has begun at Ironwood, and if remember right, they have three sets of twins, with more to come later this month I think. I am anxious to see them, but I will need to wait until it warms up some. When I think of those babies being born in the cold barn it makes me shiver. H says that they are ok, once they are cleaned up, and dried off. Amazing.

     So, now I am waiting for a little more warmth to come from old Sol, the snow to melt, and the crocus to peek up through the ground. That will be the real sign of  Spring.

     For now, I will enjoy the view out my window.

7 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    I'm sure you must have enjoyed the 'beautiful sunny day' from your window .It's a gorgeous day here.

    So nice you got to see your granddaughter's team win bronze.
    That is wonderful.

    Margie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a wonderful day for her. I so enjoy seeing her in action, and enjoying what she is doing with a group of great friends.

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a great time at the tournament and that your granddaughter's team did so well. I can sympathise with your subsequent exhaustion, as I too find it takes me longer to bounce back after a busy period. Some spring warmth and sunshine would help, so I hope it arrives for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with the need for spring warmth and sun. The old tiredness hit me hard today, and I had to have a nap. I never know when it will hit me, but I know it will.

      Delete
  3. Here's to pansies and spring. When I was a little girl and people asked me my name, I always answered "Pansy." So even now, far from a little girl, I fill my window boxes with pansies. We're lucky, here in the SF bay area, it's warm enough in winter to enjoy them year round. Revive, stay warm, and think of pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Window-gazing is not such a bad thing, Bonnie. Pretty soon spring will be here (and for us....summer heat), so enjoy your beautiful winter scenery while it lasts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will agree that winter can be quite beautiful, and also the warm weather that I ache for, will be the heat that you bake in. Ah, the joy of the diversity of our natural world.

      Delete