Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised...

     I know I said that I didn't want to post any more snow pictures, but here I am with just that intention. But I have a reason, beyond just showing snow.

          I have been following a blog called The Fantastical Voyages of Flat Kathy, at https://flatkathy.wordpress.com/  where you can find out all about her travels. You will discover where she began and the interesting places she has been in South Africa, with her friend Reggie.

In the mail, yesterday, I received this beautiful postcard from Miss Kathy, and it made my day. Once again, it is the little things that give you joy.

Flat Kathy with Gilbert the Gnome (who I secretly have a crush on)
 
Below is the scene outside my window this morning......

Heavy, wet snow
 
Now which picture would you rather look at?
 
Miss Kathy's postcard is up in front of me, so that I can enjoy the green of the green pepper and its leaves, sweet Gilbert, and Flat Kathy's beautiful smile, and the fact that not a snow flake can be seen.
Can't you just imagine the warmth of the sun. I'm glad the sun is shining somewhere.
 
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
 
Thank you Flat Kathy for sending your beautiful postcard to me, and enjoy your future adventures.


17 comments:

  1. Ooooh!! I am so thrilled that you received my special postcard, Bonnie!

    Brrr, it looks cold over there - I am so lucky that we have blue skies and sunshine down here at the southern tip of Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flat Kathy. You would find it very cold, but actually, it is a few degrees above zero.

      Delete
  2. I like them both....but we don't get much of a winter down South, so I always dream of snow. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dream of snow, and I'll dream of sunshine, and we can be dreamers together. :)

      Delete
  3. Being still surrounded by deep snow, I'd much rather look at Flat Kathy and dream of warmth and sunshine. :-) How lovely to receive a postcard like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perpetua, do you think Spring will ever come?
      The postcard lifts my spirit, but I do so long for spring.

      Delete
    2. I think you and I are in the same boat, Bonnie, even though we're on opposite sides of the Atlantic. Both trapped in cold weather, while the Jet Stream that should bring us our warmer spring weather is way off to the south somewhere. Let's hope it find its way back before long.

      Delete
    3. I'm hoping, I'm hoping........

      Delete
  4. I got a postcard from Flat Kathy earlier this week, too, Bonnie! It's a different postcard, but just as lovely. So glad that she's sending special messages to some of us around the globe. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great. Happy Easter to you as well.

      Delete
  5. Spring certainly seemed to be here today...as I hung clothes on the line, gazed at the carpet of crocus, and listened to the lambs in the barn (Rosie doesn't really listen to her belly to tell her she's hungry...just cries when she hears one of us out and about). 15 lambs and counting...
    Love you,
    hj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen crocus yet. Rosie sounds like she needs your comforting care. 15 little ones. You must be very busy.

      Delete
  6. Bonnie - love your site but cannot figure out how to follow you --any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou Ann. I've been following your blog by copying your blog address and putting it my blog list. I'm not very wise in these things, so I'm not sure what else to do. I should find out how to make following easier.

      Delete
    2. There is also Google Friend connect. BJ

      Delete