Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baskets and Kids

Though overcast most of the day, the sun has finally broken through and it is a lovely evening on our mountain.
I worked a bit in the garden, until the black flies drove me away. Sadie did her share, but welcomed the indoors as well.
I wanted to show the hanging baskets I received from my daughters and granddaughters, and also to show the pictures of my felting class. The classes are over for now, and at least one little one is so taken with the felting, that her mom has gotten her some wool, and needles, so that she can continue felting. I think that is so wonderful. The exploritories are held to introduce the children to new things, and perhaps spark their interest.  Mission accomplished.





5 comments:

  1. Nice flower baskets, Bonnie! We haven't bought any flowers yet. We need to get our vegetable garden planted before we think about hanging baskets. Isn't it delightful to see a young one interested in something like felting? Bet you're a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with the baskets is that they dry out so fast. I have to remember to get water to them. The last few days have been sunny and warm. Thank you for your comment. I was a teacher long, long ago.

      Delete
    2. The principal of our teeny tiny school just gave each of us a hanging flower basket as an end-of-the-year gift. It is so beautiful! (Now, remind me to water it regularly.)

      Delete
  2. Love your flower baskets, Bonnie. It's good to see the old crafts being passed on to the younger generation. They are too important to be lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the baskets, too. Our weather here has been similar to yours. I am really glad that my daughter Heather shared felting with me. It's a great pasttime for young and not so young.

      Delete