Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Get at it, girl!

The number of times I have sat here, and told myself to put something together for the blog, can't be counted. Why is it, that I start a blog, and then go weeks without posting? Sometimes, perhaps, it is because I feel I have nothing important to say.  I have read other blogs, with such wise words, and I think I can never write like that. I always have a tendency, no matter what I am doing to compare it with others, and I always come away feeling very critical of my own work. This is not a good trait, and I have to talk to myself and point out that comparing oneself with others is a waste of time and energy. I can only be who I am, and do what I can, the best that I can.......


So from now on, I will write what I feel, whether it makes sense to anyone else or not. That is why I started this in the first place, as an outlet for thoughts, feelings, and pictures that I want to share, like this little guy, doing his/her own thing, not mindful at all of the one watching and clicking.

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I have felt this same way. Sometimes I read blogs that are so beautifully written, I feel very inadequate. But I enjoy blogging and so I keep on doing it.

    I think you're spot on, deciding to write for yourself.

    Keep on blogging and sharing your view on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same sentiments. Sometimes I think I should write more, rather than express myself with my pictures, but then, it wouldn't really be my blog. You go for it girl, just do what is right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sybil and Lynne. I very much appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you pulled yourself away from the felting needles and thoughts of inadequacy long enough to post a quick note - although the blogs are meant to be cathartic, they add a whole other level of pressure to our lives, too, don't they?
    Happy pressure-free blogging, momma.
    xo hj

    ReplyDelete