Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Days Go By...

     Well, I just made a coffee, and am now trying to decide what I will write about.  It has been a while.  I thought writing a blog would be a good exercise for my mind, but there hasn't been much exercise lately, at least in writing. 
     Pruning continues on the farm, but as a little green begins to appear on the apple trees, it is time to get spraying. Apple scab waits for no man, and of course with the rain, the scab is not far away. 
     I have been spending a good deal of time needle felting.  There is something about that activity that is soothing, except when I jab myself, which I have done a great deal.  A little blood tends to add to the colour scheme of whatever I am making.
     I had fun making some little things for the granddaughters for Easter, and a few purses and an abstract.  I really haven't a clue what I am doing, but I just start in and see what turns out.






     I am still working on the sign for the community hall.  Deadline looms.........
     The past week or so has been a bit of a strain.  Depression is a dreadful thing that creeps up on me, and then pow, smacks me right in the head, and down I go.  Not a good thing, that's for sure.  I feel lousy mentally, physically and spiritually.  The fibromyalgia doesn't help matters either.  But, the main thing is that I got through it.  That's a good thing. The weekend was like walking through a dark woods, with rocks to trip me up, thorns that grab and scrape, very little light, just an endless wandering.  Strange that a person can feel that way and still do the things that need to be done, even if you do slip up at times. 
     Easter weekend meant a Good Friday Service, where our choir sang beautifully, then a Sunrise Service where I really messed up a hymn, and then our Easter Sunday Service, after which I crashed.
     Anyway, I got through it, and can write about it, and feel that I've arrived at the edge of the woods, and have staggered into the light of the meadow, sore and scraped, but still on my feet. And tomorrow is another day.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you love through the cosmos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you always bonnie <3

    ReplyDelete