Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

It has been a while....

     I see that I have not written here for a while. The blog sort of gets put at the bottom of the to-do list when I have other things to accomplish.  I spent some time making cards; three birthdays, one anniversary, one get well, one sympathy and one baby shower. I also finished doing the Legion Honour Roll.  I am still plugging away at the Hall sign, but it seems slow in coming.
     I watched two episodes of Hope for Wildlife on Knowledge Network. I was surprised to see Oaklawn Farm Zoo, and Gail and Ron Rogerson in the episodes. It was also neat to see the mailbox and large lion sign that I had painted quite a few years ago.  I think the lion has been touched up a bit over the years.  I found an old pre-digital picture of it, probably taken when it first went up.

Oaklawn Farm Zoo Lion

     Here is my latest painting.  I just get such a release of stress when I am painting them. I'm not thinking of anything else, just enjoying the colour, the flow and the result.  I also enjoy it when Lindsay points out things that she can see in the picture.


Beyond

     I had thought to call it frustation, but it's not dark enough for that.  Maybe it is Beyond Frustration as one friend on face book suggested.  I guess it could be Beyond 'anything' the person looking at it wants it to be.



2 comments:

  1. I spy with my little eye a dinosaur, a dog, a black ghost and a red-faced baboon :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered your blog! You are so cool...

    ReplyDelete