Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Storm Over

The sun decided to shine today, and I can actually see some blue sky.  It's a nice change.  This is what it looked like yesterday.  Snow always pretty, but definitely not good for driving.
Our orchard and barn are across the road from our house, and from my den, the barn is always in view.  I can only see a small part of the orchard.
I fed my chickadees today.  They are getting more tame.  Only a few seconds passed before one little one was on my hand.  Another decided he would have a better choice of seeds if he landed in the dish of seeds I was also holding. 
Mr. Squirrel also visited the feeder earlier.  I really can't begrudge him a few seeds.  He looks so cute sitting in the feeder.  He doesn't stay long.  Yesterday I also had the doves, jays and even an american goldfinch and two evening grossbeak.
Having the chickadees landing on my hand brings me such a warm feeling.  It puts a smile on my face.  It's amazing how something so simple can make one feel so good inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment